The Obsidian Spire
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Go down
lunastredraconis
lunastredraconis
Spire Guardian
Spire Guardian
https://www.theobsidianspire.org

What’s your favorite movie(s)? Empty What’s your favorite movie(s)?

Sun May 23, 2021 11:39 pm
•Is there any particular movie that you like? Maybe you have a few favorites? There are a few movies I really like, and one of the is Spirit:Stallion of the Cimarron! As an indigenous woman I absolutely love the indigenous representation, and the fact that it’s a beautiful story conveyed by emotion, expression, and art. James Cameron’s Avatar is another one of my favorite movies, since I can relate to being a humanoid being covered in blue, and I love how they explore the aspects of the indigenous Na’vi! The good dinosaur is another one of my favorites since it has a nice, simple story with beautiful animation. It’s a great movie to watch when I’m anxious. Finally, Coco is one of my other favorites because of the wonderful portrayal Mexican heritage. I really appreciate how the people who worked on the movie did so much research into Mexican culture, and hired Latine creators.
Roarar
Roarar
https://commiss.io/roarardrawsthings

What’s your favorite movie(s)? Empty Re: What’s your favorite movie(s)?

Mon May 24, 2021 4:46 pm
1. Into the Spider-Verse.
Okay yall okay this movie? Beautiful. The twists are a little predictable sure and they don't spend enough time with the other Spider-people of the other dimensions but it's so well done and such a visual pleasure.

2. Beauty and the Beast
A classic! Sure, Disney is questionable, always has been, but I can appreciate the movies that come out of the creative team. I know the songs to this movie by heart and it makes me cry every damn time.

3. Spirit: Stallion of the Cimarron.
I also love this movie. Okay I was a horse kid growing up lol but despite that being the start of me watching this movie, the messages it made have stuck with me to this day. It's beautifully done and tells a great story with minimal words.

4. Short Circuit
I have a soft spot for robots with sentience and this movie may have bred it. It's not too special, especially for its time, but I think it's a fun film and I would definitely sit down and watch it again today even if I've seen it a thousand times growing up.

5. Prince of Egypt
oooOOooOOOOOOhh yall what a piece of art. I'm not christian in any way and I think that says a lot about this movie, that a Norse Pagan would find this movie to be a masterpiece.

Uuhh I have a bunch of others I like but eh this is good XD

lunastredraconis likes this post

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum